WHAT MAKES OUR MEDICAL MASSAGE THERAPY PROGRAM UNIQUE?
AIAM has been teaching holistic skills in Massage Therapy since 1994, making our program the longest-running massage program in Central Ohio. AIAM’s program specializes in teaching neuromuscular therapy – a skill employers seek when hiring LMTs. We also teach students key business skills. In fact, Medical Massage Therapy employers seek out AIAM graduates specifically for their skills and professionalism. Our on-site clinic gives students the opportunity to work with real patients from the Columbus area.
About the Medical Massage Therapy Program
- 600 total program hours
- 9 months long
- Once completed AIAM students will be prepared to pass the MBLEX certification exam to become a Licensed Massage Therapist
The Rewards of a Career in Medical Massage Therapy
The salary and need for a certain job field are not quite as important if there aren’t benefits, rewards, and enjoyment in the job. When it comes to medical massage therapy there are plenty of reasons why this is a career that you will not only enjoy but is incredibly rewarding as well.
- Flexible Schedule: One of the great things about a career in medical massage therapy is the ability to create your own schedule. Whether you work with someone else or have your own business – you choose your schedule.
- Opportunity to Travel: Medical massage therapists have the opportunity to work in a variety of states and settings. For instance, massage therapy is done at spas, resorts, on cruise ships, and more. The possibilities are many and rapidly growing.
- Different Career Paths: As a medical massage therapist, you can choose your own career path. Some medical massage therapists may choose a more clinical setting like a hospital or outpatient facility. Other medical massage therapists may choose to practice in other areas like spas, sports and fitness facilities, prenatal birthing centers, business settings, and more.
- Become Your Own Boss: Whether you decide to work in a partnership or start your own wellness clinic, it is easy to choose your own path.
- A Shorter Career Path: A medical doctor’s career can take a number of years – four in medical school then an additional three to seven years in residency. At the American Institute of Alternative Medicine, you can become a Medical Massage Therapist in only nine months.
Massage Therapist Salary and Job Growth:
Medical Massage Therapists can expect a very competitive salary from an employer as well as a high hourly rate while self-employed. According to US News and World Reports, massage therapy is ranked as one of the top five healthcare careers, and the demand for more therapists is projected to grow by nearly 25 percent in the next decade.
According to Indeed Employed Massage Therapists Earn:
The average salary for a Massage Therapist is $27.34 per hour in the United States, and up to over $65 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 32,549 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Massage Therapist employees, users, and collected from past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
Data collected from Indeed.com
Self-Employed Massage Therapist Salary:
According to Payscale, a Self-Employed Massage Therapist earns an average wage of $60.33 per hour, and up to over $100 an hour.
SCHOOL OF MEDICAL MASSAGE THERAPY ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Personal tour and interview with an admissions representative
- Submit proof of earned HS diploma or GED recognized by the Department of Education, or foreign equivalent that has been officially evaluated
- Complete application form with $125 enrollment fee (can be paid at enrollment)
- Meet with the Financial Aid office to discuss payment options
- Complete enrollment agreement and accompanying paperwork
SCHOOL OF MEDICAL MASSAGE THERAPY TUITION PRICE
35.5 Credit Hours of tuition at $299.00 per Credit Hour
Ohio Video Disclosure Course
Uniform (AIAM Polo Shirt)
Student Identification Card
Technology Fee ($350 per quarter)
TOTAL TUITION AND REQUIRED FEES
For more information on other student costs and optional fees, visit our course catalog page.