Medical Massage Therapy
Discover the power of healing
AIAM has been training medical massage therapists since 1994, which makes our program the longest running in central Ohio. We specialize in teaching the therapeutic skills employers seek when hiring Licensed Massage Therapists (LMTs). A strong science foundation, reinforced through hands-on learning, helps nurture a deep understanding of the human body.
Beyond clinical skills, we provide our students with business skills for starting their own practice, or for moving into an organization. AIAM’s on-site medical massage therapy clinic and new internship clinics provide students the experience they need to start their career with both clinical and interpersonal skills.
Ready to talk to an admissions enrollment coach?
Let’s get started
Is this the right career for you?
Medical Massage Therapy is an inherently enjoyable and rewarding profession. From the ability to set your own schedule to the readily available travel opportunities, the flexibility of this career path is limited only by individual preference.
Owing to the innately relaxing nature of the massage industry, Medical Massage Therapists are rarely confined to offices and cubicles. Instead, these professionals often work in spas, resorts, wellness retreats, and even cruise ships! Additionally, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and sports/fitness facilities are typical employers of LMTs who are looking for a more traditional work experience.
Whether self-employed or working for an established institution, experienced massage therapists can expect to earn an average of $73,000 per year. More detailed salary information is available on Indeed.
AIAM Medical Massage Therapy
- 9 months, 3 quarters
- Must have a high school diploma or GED recognized by the Department of Education OR officially evaluated foreign equivalent
- Dual curriculum teaches both medical and business skills
- Graduates of the program will be well-prepared to sit for the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) to earn their Massage Therapy license
Medical Massage Therapy Program Admissions Requirements
- Complete a personal tour and interview with an AIAM admissions enrollment coach
- Submit official transcripts of earned HS diploma or official HS diploma or official GED recognized by the Department of Education (or foreign equivalent) or official transcripts of earned Baccalaureate Degree or higher from an institution recognized by the US Department of Education (or foreign degree equivalent that has been officially evaluated).
- Complete application form with $125 enrollment fee (can be paid at enrollment)
- Meet with Financial Aid office to discuss payment options
- Complete enrollment agreement and accompanying paperwork
- Demonstrate personal laptop computer meets specifications required for online learning or laptop computer will be issued and charged to student account at AIAM.
- Complete the Distance Education Assessment