What does Financial Aid mean?

  • Financial Aid is a combination of grants (if you are eligible), subsidized loans (if you are eligible), and unsubsidized loans. It is not grants only. If you request maximum financial aid eligibility, this will include Direct Loans.

What is the difference between free money and money I have to pay back?

  • Pell grant eligible students can receive “gift-aid,” or funding that you are granted to help pay for your education. You do not have to pay it back after you graduate, although there are limits on how much you can receive over a lifetime (see Pell LEU). Subsidized and unsubsidized loans are self-help aid, in the form of loans that you do need to pay back after you graduate. Subsidized loans are need-based, and unsubsidized are not. The government pays your interest on subsidized loans while you are in school; unsubsidized loans do have interest accruing. You can always choose the option to pay your interest while you are in school if you so choose.

Can grants cover my total tuition and fees at AIAM?

  • No. Even if you qualify for maximum Pell grant funding, you must have alternate sources of funding to cover your program.

I am being asked to sign a payment plan for the amount that financial aid is not on track to cover over the course of my program. What happens if I agree to pay it, but then don’t pay this monthly?

  • You won’t be meeting your financial requirements and may be dismissed from school. See the Director of Finance right away if you can’t meet your financial obligations.

I would like to have my costs covered, and receive additional funding to assist with other educational costs such as travel, books, and rent. Can I request the amount I want?

  • There is a maximum amount of aid for which you are eligible. Even if you need more money, you can never receive more than the maximum award of your financial aid eligibility. You will be awarded for one academic year, and then receive disbursements per quarter or by payment period (WMT students only are paid for 375 hours at a time). Once these disbursements are applied to your tuition and fee charges, if there is more financial aid than the cost of tuition and fees, you will receive that amount in a credit balance check you can use towards additional educational-related expenses. You can find information about this at www.studentaid.gov.

How do I know how much money I am eligible to receive on a credit balance check?

  • You will receive an award letter for one academic year at a time. You can take the tuition and fees for each quarter from your statement and subtract out the amount of aid you are scheduled to receive. You can also take your anticipated tuition and fees by looking at your published curriculum. Multiply the number of credits you are on track to take by the cost per credit hour. Then add on any lab, tech, and graduation fees, as applicable. Subtract out your scheduled financial aid disbursement, per your award letter. If this number is negative, that is the amount you are scheduled to receive in a credit balance check.
  • Example: You are supposed to take 12 credits Winter quarter, plus a lab and tech fee. 12 x $280 (cost per credit hour) plus a lab fee of $150 and a tech fee of $450=$3960. This is the cost of your tuition and fees. Your financial aid award indicates on January 15th you are scheduled to receive $1657 in pell, $1155 in subsidized loans, and $1979 in unsubsidized loans. This financial aid award totals: $4791. Your total cost: $3960 Minus (-) your Financial Aid Eligibility: $4791 =-831.* Since the number is negative, you are eligible to receive a check.
    *Make sure that your current balance is $0 however, or some of the funding will go towards your prior balance instead of to you.

When do I get my check?

  • A credit balance check (called a refund check or an overage check), is what happens when you request and are eligible to receive more financial aid funding than the cost of tuition and fees. Please see the Disbursement Schedule on the website under Consumer Information. If you are processed and have provided all requested documentation at least 3 weeks prior to the quarter start, you will receive a credit balance check (if eligible) within the first 4 weeks of the quarter. If you have turned in paperwork recently, please expect a 4-6 week turn-around from that date before you will receive a check.

Where do I get my check?

  • The Department of Finance (AIAM’s Business Office) will cut checks within 14 days of the date the disbursement is posted to your account. AIAM’s Front Desk staff or Office Manager will attempt to contact you the day the check is released so that you can pick it up at the front desk. If you are unable to pick it up that day, the check will be mailed to your address on file. It should arrive within 1-3 business days.

What can I do to get my money earlier next quarter? The easiest way to ensure your funds are processed as quickly as possible is to stay on top of your paperwork.

  •  Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible every year.
  • Respond as soon as you get forms requiring input. If you get a request for more information or a signature, send in your response as soon as possible. If you think the FA Office already has what they need, but you are receiving requests for more information, send an email and make sure.
  • Financial aid isn’t a race, but the sooner you fill out your paperwork and submit it, the better your chances of receiving money.

What the Financial Aid Office estimated for me has changed. How can it change?

  • The FA Office works hard to provide accurate estimates of the financial aid eligibility you will have. However, unless you are a Western Massage Therapy or Practical Nursing student, you cannot be awarded for an entire program at one time. It is only possible to award you for three quarters at a time, and not for your total program. You must fill out a new FAFSA- your eligibility may change year to year. So, a student who was grant eligible one year may not be grant eligible the next. If you fail classes, make changes due to Leave of Absence, or have a request granted to add or drop a class, all of this may change your FA. Attending a school within the same year, defaulting on a prior loan such as a Perkins, or changes in your FA history can also change your award and/or estimate.

I want to add books to my account. Does that mean I get extra financial aid to cover my books?

  • Once you are receiving the maximum amount of FA eligibility allowable, that amount cannot increase. If you have more FA than the cost of tuition and fees, you can use those funds for book expenses, or you can sign an authorization asking AIAM to apply those funds to book costs you have added to your account. If you don’t have enough FA eligibility to cover tuition and fees, even if you add books to your AIAM school account, you will need to pay them off in addition to any other charges you owe AIAM.

Can I add books to my account to be covered by FA?

  • You will need to sign an authorization allowing AIAM to use your FA for costs other than tuition and fees. If you have more financial aid eligibility than the cost of tuition and fees, then your financial aid funding will apply towards books. Please pay attention to the number of books you add to your account, and make sure you pay for what financial aid does not.

Can I receive financial aid if I need to retake a class due to failure?

  • It depends. Please see AIAM’s SAP policy in the AIAM catalog. If you are a Western Massage Therapy student, FA will not cover the additional charges. Students other than WMT students are permitted to retake a class and use FA, however, if you drop below half-time, or if you are on probation, you may be required to appeal or may lose your ability to receive loans. Please review the SAP policy and see Financial Aid after meeting with your program advisor.

What is Special Circumstances/Professional Judgment?

  • The FAFSA is meant to be a “snapshot;” when that snapshot isn’t accurate, you may need to request the FA Office to help make it accurate. Think of a photo of you. Then imagine adding your family members, and your house, your bank account, and the family’s amount of students in college, etc. We want that picture to be accurate. So, if you have suddenly had an unexpected job loss, won the lottery last year, or cashed in an IRA that won’t occur again, then see the FA Office. You will be required to provide documentation, so bring documents you think are relevant. We recommend an hour-long appointment. When in doubt, if you feel you have a circumstance that isn’t reflected adequately by the FAFSA, see Financial Aid.

If I withdraw during the quarter or payment period, do I have to pay the money back?

  • Possibly. You can see Treatment of Title IV Funds in your AIAM Catalog. You will be notified in writing within 30 to 45 days from the date you indicated you were going to withdraw, or the date you were terminated for non-attendance for 14 consecutive calendar days. A letter will be sent to you indicating how much FA was sent back, and how much you owe AIAM as a result. Note: Failure to repay your loans will prevent any future financial aid anywhere in the United States.

I am being told I am going to hit my Pell LEU and that I will not have grant eligibility throughout my program. What does this mean?

  • See Pell LEU. This means you are almost out of your lifetime eligibility allowance of Pell- you very likely may end up owing AIAM tuition and fees later in your program and should be prepared. If you are eligible to receive a credit balance check, you may want to apply that money toward a later quarter when you may owe.

I am being told I am going to run out of loan eligibility during my program. What does this mean?

  • You are only allowed to borrow $57,500 as an undergraduate. If you are getting close to that limit, you may not be able to borrow enough during your program at AIAM because you cannot borrow more than $57,500. There is no way to borrow more money, except to pay down the amount you already owe in loans. If you are told you will not have enough loans to cover later quarters, be prepared that you will not have FA to cover your total amount of tuition and fees, even if you have enough for your first few quarters.


  • You are only allowed to receive a certain amount of grant funding. This is roughly 6 years or 600%. You will receive a notification on your SAR when you complete a FAFSA that you are getting close to your limit. Once this is gone, you may never again receive Pell, even if it’s another award year and you fill out another FAFSA. You are out of Pell funding and should prepare that you may owe money to AIAM once this LEU is met.

Why am I being told that I am about to run out of money, but am receiving financial aid now?

  • You may not run out of funding until you reach your second or even third academic year. When this happens, you are eligible to be awarded “normal” amounts up until you reach those limits. In some cases, you may even be eligible to receive a credit balance check, and have more financial aid eligibility than the cost of tuition and fees for a few quarters, before you run out of funding eligibility. The Financial Aid Office warns you of a future event so that you are prepared in advance that you will be on track to owe AIAM money when your funding sources are fully or partially exhausted.

I just need to drop off documents; do I have to make an appointment?

  • No. For your convenience, there is a dropbox in the lobby; staff at the Front Desk can provide you with an envelope in order to seal your information for confidentiality.

I dropped off my requested documentation, and I am still receiving emails that I am in tracking to provide what I submitted. Why?

  • Did you turn in the documents recently, such as within 7-10 days? Then don’t worry. Once you turn in the documentation that you were requested to return, you basically go into a processing line and depending on how far in advance you are taking care of this, you can often get stuck in “traffic.” If the instructions in the email change, make sure to follow new instructions. Sometimes we are required to request additional information.


I’m enrolled at two colleges. Can I receive financial aid from two different schools at the same time?

  • No, you cannot receive aid from more than one school during the same award year. You may put many different school codes on your FAFSA, but you must decide at which school you would like to receive FA.

I was enrolled at another college during this award year. Will this affect receiving aid?

  • It’s possible. You may have limited eligibility left to use this award year. It may be beneficial to wait to start classes. See the FA Office to determine what your award will look like to see if you are affected, and what it will mean for you, personally. In some cases, attending two schools in the same award year hurts your eligibility as if you were attending the two schools at the same time, so it is best to ask first!

I am a VA Student. Why do you need all of my prior transcripts?

  • All prior Official College/University attendance with the graduation date should be on file with Admissions when you start your program at AIAM. You must provide ALL transcripts from ALL colleges or universities you have attended no matter how long ago to be certified for VA benefits. The VA is very serious that they will not pay twice for the same class, so you must make sure that your transcripts are on file and evaluated by AIAM for transfer credit, even if you feel certain nothing will transfer.

Do I have to be full-time (12+ units) to receive FA?

  • No. Sometimes it is to your advantage to be under 12 credits and be half-time, or ¾ time, etc. It simply depends on the number of transfer credits and your program. If you have questions, see the FA Office. Payments are indeed based on the number of units you are enrolled in at the time we disburse funds. The program for which you must be enrolled in at least 6 units is Federal Direct Loans.

How do I tell AIAM to process my financial aid?

  • You do this by filling out an application for FAFSA and scheduling an appointment with AIAM’s Financial Aid Office. Please note that we only process your aid for one academic year at a time, which is defined by FSA guidelines. For WMT students, this is your entire program. For all other programs offered by AIAM, this is 3 quarters. You will receive a notification to complete another request for FA for your next academic year. Failure to do so at least 3 weeks before the start of your next quarter/academic year WILL result in significant delays in processing and receiving aid. It may also cause your total amount of next quarter’s tuition to come due without FA applied. See “Repackage.”

Will I receive something letting me see what my costs and financial aid package are estimated to look like so that I can shop between schools?

  • Yes, you will receive a Payment Summary from the FA Office showing your estimated total costs, and estimated financial aid. Please note that while we strive to make this as accurate as possible, future eligibility requires additional FAFSA data, which means we cannot anticipate your future eligibility with 100% accuracy. The Payment Summary also uses “real-time” data, which means if transfers come in after you receive this summary, or receive additional funding, it won’t be reflected. If you believe you will receive outside funding, such as a scholarship, or believe you will have transfer credits, note that we will not include this on your payment summary until FA receives official notification (i.e., approved transfer credit form, scholarship award notice, etc.).

Do I have to apply again for FA in the future?

  • You’ll need to do a FAFSA every year, and reapply with AIAM for FA every three quarters. WMT students are the only students who can do one application for FA with AIAM.


Am I full-time?

  • For FA reporting purposes, and VA purposes, you are ¾ time students.

Do I get a full year of FA?

  • The Western Massage Therapy program is a clock hour program, which means it doesn’t operate the same as a credit hour program. In order to receive one full year of FA, a clock hour program must be 900 hours. Since our program is 750, your FA eligibility is prorated based on 750/900. So if you were eligible to receive $5730 in Pell grant funding over one year, you will only be eligible to receive 750/900 x $5730=$4775 over the entire course of your program.

Do I get billed each quarter?

  • No. Although you will continue to take classes one quarter at a time, along with all of AIAM’s students, you are actually in what is called a payment period. Your payment period will be ½ the hours you need to complete to finish the program. For students with no transferrable hours, this is 375 hours or 2 quarters. You will be billed for your first set of hours, and when you successfully complete the coursework and the hours required in your two first quarters, you will be billed the second half of your program and receive the second half of your award. Students who have transfer hours will be billed ½ of the hours they need to complete, but this will be fewer hours than 375 since they do not need to complete hours they have transferred into the program.

What happens if I fail a course?

  • FA cannot cover retaking a class in a clock hour program, so please see FA right away to see how this changes your monthly payment. You may also drop below half time, which means you will run through some of the grace period allotted to you when you are no longer a student.


Why do I need to use the income from two years ago on my FAFSA?

  • Because actual income information from the two years ago is more accurate and verifiable than estimating income for the current year and fairly measures a family’s ability to pay for college the next years. FAFSA uses two complete fiscal years. If you feel your income has changed dramatically since your last two tax years, you may submit an application for special consideration. (See Professional Judgment, below, and contact your FA Office).

I am being asked to provide information on untaxed income outside of In-Kind Support. What do I include?

  • Untaxed information is anything that could be a bill in your name that someone else is paying. For example, car insurance payments, car payments, cell phone payments. Take the monthly amount, multiply by 12, and enter that amount as untaxed income.

What is In-Kind Support?

  • In-Kind support you do not count on your FAFSA as untaxed income. It is basically any help that you are receiving, such as shelter, groceries, etc.

Dependent Student Vs. Independent Student:  

  • Your status as Independent or Dependent is determined via the FAFSA and is based largely on your age. There are some extenuating circumstances that may make you Independent when you otherwise would be Dependent. You will be required, in most cases, to provide documentation, such as if you were a ward of the court at age 18. In some cases, having a dependent yourself such as a child you support more than 50% of the time can qualify you to be Independent. However, please note that if you live at home and your parents are supporting you and the child with over 50% of your expenses, you are still considered a Dependent student.

Why am I considered a dependent even though I do not live with or receive financial support from my parents?

  • The federal criterion for being an independent student does not take into consideration where a student lives or whether or not they provide their own support. Refer to “Section 2 -Student Dependency Status” on the FAFSA.

My parents refuse to fill out the FAFSA, and won’t help me in any way. What do I do? 

  • You can still do the FAFSA, but lose grant and subsidized loan eligibility. You can receive unsubsidized loan funding only.

How should I fill out the FAFSA if I have not yet filed my Federal Tax Return?

  • Whenever possible, you should complete a FAFSA after you’ve completed your tax return. This usually means completing taxes early in the year, so that you do not have delays in completing your FAFSA. If your tax return is not done, please use your income and taxes paid using your W-2s, 1099’s or other income sources. You can select “Will File” as your status on the FAFSA, and submit the FAFSA so that at least an estimate of FA is possible. Once your tax filing is complete, you can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer your tax information. It is important that you do not make any changes to your FAFSA once you have selected to use the DRT. If you amend your taxes or filed Married Filing Jointly, you will not be able to use the DRT tool.

I didn’t file taxes last year because I didn’t make enough money. Why am I being asked for documentation?

  • You will need to account for all sources of income. If you worked, you need to provide a W2 or Wage and Income Statement from the IRS. You also need to include untaxed income from child support, financial support from friends or family, and indicate in some cases how you survived if your income was very low/below the poverty line. This is called a low-income worksheet.

I’m getting married next month. How do I answer the question that asks if I am married?

  • Answer according to your marital status the day you sign the FAFSA. Answer “Yes” if you are married on the day you sign the FAFSA; otherwise, answer “No”.

I just got separated. Can I change the FAFSA?

  • No. Your FAFSA marital status is reported correctly as of the day you submit that FAFSA and stays the same that whole year. If you are in an unusual circumstance due to the separation, such as a sudden loss of income due to the separation, please see the Financial Aid Office right away. See “Special Circumstances.”

My spouse and I are separating, but we are going to live in the same house?

  • Then for FAFSA purposes, you are not separated.

When can I indicate Separated as my marital status on the FAFSA?

  • When you are legally separated, and/or when your spouse and yourself maintain separate residences. In many cases, you may need to provide proof of separate residences to the FA Office.

What date should I report as the date I separated from my spouse?

  • The date that either you obtained legal separation documents, or the date that you began supporting your own household separate from your spouse; i.e., you moved out, he/she moved out. If you later divorce, please report your marital status as Divorced during the next award year only, and then you can add the date of the divorce as the status date.

I am separated from my spouse, why did I have to file taxes as married?

  • Tax law must be followed. Don’t assume because you separated that you may not still have to file taxes as Married Filing Jointly or Separately. Please immediately refer to the IRS website, and review Publication 501 to see IRS tax law on what your filing status should be. You can also use the IRS interactive tool.

If I am separated or divorced but had to file a joint tax return, how do I fill out my FAFSA?

  • You will provide only your own portion of the income, exemptions, taxes paid, and assets on the FAFSA. You will need to submit your and in many cases your ex-spouse’s IRS Wage and Income Statement to verify that the income on the FAFSA is reported correctly. You will also need to submit a tax transcript. You can retrieve these both by clicking here.

I have been separated for years, but can’t locate my spouse to obtain a divorce. Can I still put separated?

  • Yes, but you will likely need to provide evidence of the separation, starting with a personal statement explaining the situation, and may need to provide a tax transcript as well. You can retrieve this here.

I am married in another country but didn’t get married in the US. That means I am not married, correct?

  • The U.S. recognizes marriages that took place in other countries. You are married in the U. S. and should report that on your FAFSA and file your taxes correctly. Deliberate failure to report this accurately to the IRS and on your FAFSA is considered fraud. See “Office of Inspector General Referral.”

Are ceremonial marriages honored by my country honored in the U. S.?

  • Yes. You are considered married also in the U. S. and must file taxes and your FAFSA accordingly.

I don’t think my ceremonial marriage is legal in my country, and therefore I don’t believe that it is honored in the U. S., am I correct?

  • Per current ED FSA guidelines and IRS guidelines (see Publication 17), the burden of proof lies on you to prove you are not married. For FAFSA purposes, you are considered married. The burden to prove you are married is not the responsibility of FAFSA, nor AIAM’s FA Office. If you are living with someone, the burden rests on you to prove you were not married per custom in your native country.

I don’t think I can prove I am not married because I lost my paperwork due to a fire/burglary/accident? 

  • The burden of proof rests on you to prove you are not married, and it is not the responsibility of AIAM to prove you are or are not married. If you cannot locate/obtain/provide proof of that you are not married, then you either must obtain it yourself or agree to indicate “Married” on the FAFSA.

I told you I was married, but I actually consider myself separated?

  • Please see FAQs regarding being separated. Once you have indicated Married in any form, or indicate in any form you have a spouse; you cannot indicate Separated without providing proof. The burden to prove you are not married rests on you and it is not the responsibility of AIAM to prove you are or are not married. Proof can be anything from notarized documents from third-party sources, leases indicating that two separate residences are maintained, and so forth. If you separate during a FAFSA year, you may not change that status on FAFSA until the next FAFSA year, although you can apply for a Special Circumstances/Professional Judgment.

I didn’t file my taxes correctly and am being told I must amend them. What happens if I choose not to amend my taxes? 

  • You will not be able to complete the FA process and will forfeit eligibility and/or your dependent student’s eligibility. The AIAM FA Office cannot help you further during the current award year and will require cash payments in order to move forward with educational pursuits. However, please note this is a serious issue outside of just FA. Failure to correctly file taxes is also a failure to follow federal law. This is such a serious issue that the IRS offers a reward to individuals who report deliberate intent to break the law.

I am in a same-sex marriage should I still report married?

  • Yes. The repeal of DOMA means that the FAFSA recognizes same-sex marriages. You will report your spousal information and your marital status.

My parents are in a same-sex marriage, should I only report one parent?

  • You should report the data for both parents. FAFSA recognizes same-sex marriages.

I am a dependent student, and my biological parents live in the same household but aren’t married. Do I have to report income for both of them?

  • Yes. You must report information for both biological parents that are living in the same household.

My parents are divorced, and I have a step-parent. Should I report my step-parent’s income?

  • Yes. Please report step-parent income along with your parent’s information.

What should I do if the parent with whom I live is remarried?

  • If you are a dependent student and your parent is remarried, the step-parent’s information must be provided in order to be considered for federal student aid.

I consider myself the head of my own household, shouldn’t I file Head of Household on my taxes as a result?

  • Not if that is in violation of U. S. tax law. Considering yourself the head of household is a cultural determination but does not necessarily correspond with the filing status Head of Household as defined by the IRS. If you are married and consider yourself the head of your household culturally, you still aren’t permitted by the IRS to file Head of Household. Please talk to a tax professional or review here for more information: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p501.

My tax preparer let me file Head of Household, even though I was married. Isn’t he or she correct?

  • Unfortunately, no. There are unscrupulous tax preparers out there that may not be registered with the IRS or trained to do taxes, who are willing to file taxes without following the law or without understanding tax law. If your tax preparer did not file your taxes correctly on purpose even though you gave them the correct information, you can report them to the IRS, and can also report them at the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau and Better Business Bureau. You can read up on the rules for filing taxes at www.irs.gov. One way to know your tax preparer is registered with the IRS- they will have something called a PTIN. This will go into the IRS with your signature. Please read: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-choose-a-tax-return-preparer-and-avoid-preparer-fraud-2010

I am married- I or my spouse filed our taxes incorrectly by one or both of us Filing Head of Household. What now?

  • You must amend your taxes. This is done by filing a 1040X. You will now need to provide the FA Office with a copy of your 1040x signed, and a copy of your spouse’s 1040 if applicable. You also need to provide tax transcripts for yourself and your spouses for the corresponding year. You must provide official transcripts from the IRS. Retrieve these athttps://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

My parents are separated but they filed a joint tax return and claimed me as an exemption. Do I report both their incomes?

  • No, report only the income and assets of the parent whom you lived with most during the past 12 months. Note: Be prepared to submit a Wage and Income Transcript for both parents to verify that the income on the FAFSA is reported correctly.

If my parents are divorced, whose information do I need to report on the FAFSA?

  • Report income and assets for the parent whom you lived with most during the past 12 months. It does not make a difference which parent claims you as dependent for tax purposes. If you did not live with either parent or lived equally with each parent, the parental information must be provided for the parent from whom you received the most financial support.

What if I live with a girlfriend or boyfriend who pays the rent?

  • Do not report information for a friend or roommate unless you are married or are considered to have a common-law marriage under state law. You do, however, need to report any amount paid on your behalf; such as a cell phone bill, car insurance, car payment, anything that would normally be in your name. Take the monthly amount and multiply by 12, and report that on your FAFSA as untaxed income. This section also includes all cash provided to you as assistance. See In-Kind Support.

I am now a US Citizen but have an Alien Registration Number (ARN). Which box do I check on the FAFSA?

  • Check the U.S. Citizen box only if you have attained your U.S. Citizenship, do not give the ARN. Please be prepared to provide a US Passport or Naturalization certificate for verification of your citizenship.

If I am an emancipated minor or in a legal guardianship, am I considered an independent student?

  • Yes, you will be required to provide documentation to the FA Office.

Do I have to report if I have a Bachelor’s degree, but still want pell eligibility? 

  • Yes. Failure to give honest information on your FAFSA leads to serious consequences. See Office of Inspector General referral.

Do I have to report earning a Bachelor’s degree if I earned it in another country?

  • Yes. If you don’t know if your BA earned in another country is considered a BA in the US, you must have it evaluated to determine this. The Admissions Office is available to help you get started with this process.

What if I wasn’t honest on my FAFSA and did not report something correctly?

  • In submitting the FAFSA, you agreed to submit honest information that was correct to your best ability and knowledge. Purposeful misrepresentation can lead to loss of eligibility for federal funds, and/or referral to the Inspector General, and/or other serious consequences.

I think I wasn’t awarded correctly, or have a complaint with the FA Office?

  • Any student having an unresolved issue should contact the FA Director by email. If unable to resolve the issue satisfactorily within the FA Office, issues can be addressed to the Campus President. Any issue not first attempted to be resolved within the FA Office may not be received by the Campus President until the appropriate chain of command is followed.

How do I contact the FA Office?

  • Due to a large demand for contact with the FA Office, please refrain from attempting to walk-in without a scheduled appointment. Please email the FA Officer or Director. Please keep the appointment that you scheduled. At peak times, such as prior to the start of a quarter, it can be a long wait to receive an appointment with FA, so it is important you arrive as scheduled, and make your appointment in advance. You can also email a note in advance of what you would like to discuss during your appointment, so FA is fully prepared. However, some issues can be easily solved via email. Emails will be responded within 24-48 hours. If you have a complaint or emergency and cannot find an open appointment slot for over 7-10 days, please start with an email to the FA Director, and you can email information several times during the day you will be available for a requested phone call/appointment (after hours). Your concerns and issues will be addressed.

If I email, will someone respond and help me solve/address my problems/concerns?

  • Absolutely. Please remember that the emailing in text format from your phone, failure to use punctuation, and not addressing what your issue or concern is, does slow-down getting the response or help that you need. When you email, make sure to explain the problem or question. Make sure to mention who you are. Making sure to address your concerns and needs is important to AIAM’s FA Office, so allow us to best assist you by preparing before we respond! Emails are responded to within 24-48 hours.

Why can’t I just walk in and see someone from financial aid?

  • Many students wish to see FA every day, and often at the same time. In order to best serve you, your FA staff preps each morning for the students on the calendar by reviewing all their FA information and is able to see them at the agreed-upon time. By making and keeping an appointment, you are best helped by receiving undivided attention.



It is important to provide accurate information regarding financial aid. If the Financial Aid Office has reason to believe that a student or parent has purportedly misrepresented facts relevant to the student’s financial aid application or has committed forgery or fraud, and/or has misrepresented their marital status or family size, the student will be contacted to meet with the Financial Aid Director to determine if misrepresentation was intentional. If it is determined that the student’s misrepresentation was intentional, forgery or fraud, the information will be forwarded to the office of Inspector General in writing by the Director of Financial Aid.

View Net Price Calculator