AIAM China Tour
March 16 –30, 2019 AIAM China Cultural Tour
We walk, ride the subways, eat in local restaurants, shop in local stores, and experience China up-close-and-personal. Past participants have ranged in age from 7 years old to 76 years young.
We visit Beijing, Chengde, and Xian to visit the ancient cultural and archeological highlights of these cities. Beijing is the Imperial Capitol of China with thousands of years of history, the Forbidden City, hutongs, and home to 19 million. Chengde is where the Emperors summered in the mountains, home of the Mountain Resort and Outlying Temples. Xian is the oldest of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, the starting point of the ancient Silk Road, and home of the Terracotta Army.
On day trips we escape the city crowds to explore a remote section of the Great Wall, walk Sledge Hammer Peak, and explore Mount Hua, one of the five sacred Daoist Mountains (seen in the latest Karate Kid Movie with the White Crane Kung Fu Monk).
This affordable tour includes all group expenses for 14 days such as visas for American citizens, tips, airfare, transportation, lodging, many meals, admission fees, tours, and entertainment as listed. Airport departure tax (about $15) and a few meals not included as detailed in the itinerary.
$4,475 double occupancy/$5,525 single occupancy (single not available on train)
$3,425 extra per child with 2 adults (max 2)
ABMP, AMTA, NCCAOM and Nursing Continuing Education Credits available
with the 2 week Study Tour add-on: Beijing Hospital Internship.
March 16-April 13, 2019
Questions? Please Call 614-975-8497
China Cultural Tour: Tentative Itinerary
14 days, 3 Cities, 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and more!
- Saturday, March 16: Leave from CMH at 10:10 AM to PEK, crossing the international dateline to arrive in Beijing 4:45 PM Sunday, March 17.
- Sunday, March 17: Arrive in Beijing at 4:45 PM, change money at airport, check into hotel, unpack, early light dinner, if desired, and sleep.
- Monday – Tuesday, March 18-19. Beijing: Breakfast at hotel, lunch and dinners in local restaurants, Beijing sights such as Tiannamen Square, Mao Mausoleum, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Silk factory, Tea Service, Lama Temple, Temple of Heaven, Pearl Market, Jing Shan Park, Hutong tour.
- Wednesday, March 20, breakfast then leave for 3 nights in Chengde. Lunch in local restaurant, Hike Great Wall, drive to Chengde, check into hotel, dinner.
- Wednesday – Saturday, March 20-23. Great Wall and Chengde: Breakfast at hotel, lunch and dinners in local restaurants (Hebei Province local specialties (dare we try scorpion??)). Summer Mountain Resort, Punning Temple, hike Sledge Hammer Peak, Putuo Zong Cheng Temple.
- Saturday, March 23, Breakfast then leave for Beijing. Check into hotel. Free day, lunch and dinner on your own.
- Sunday, March 24, Breakfast, check out of hotel, free day, lunch and dinner on your own. Meet at Beijing West train station to leave on 9 PM sleeper train to Xian.
- Monday – Wednesday, March 25-27. Xian and Hua Shan Mountain
- Monday March 25: Xian arriving at 8:30 AM. Breakfast at hotel. Shaanxi History
Museum, City Tour, Great Mosque and Muslim dinner. Shopping.
- Tuesday, March 26: Breakfast at hotel, lunch and Terracotta Warriors, Tang Dynasty Dinner show.
- Wednesday, March 27: Breakfast at hotel, Hua Shan Sacred Taoist Mountain. Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Thursday, March 28: Free day. Breakfast at hotel. Leave on 7 PM sleeper train to Beijing.
- Friday, March 29. Beijing: Arriving at 7:20 AM on sleeper train from Xian. Breakfast at hotel. Free Day (lunch on your own). Peking duck dinner and Kung Fu Show
- Saturday, March 30: Breakfast at hotel. Check out and depart for Airport by 1 PM. Lunch and dinner on your own. Flight leaves 6:05 PM, arriving in Columbus 9:48 PM on March 30, 2017 (crossing the International date line gives us back a day)
Optional 2 week Study Tour add-on: Beijing Hospital Internship
- Study Tour is an additional 2 weeks to the Cultural Tour.
- The Study Tour is March 29 – April 13 and includes excursions to the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) History Museum, Chinese Herbal Market, Tai Ji Morning Exercises, the Beijing TCM bookstore, Hospital Orientation, Clinical Internships, and Special Lectures.
- Price includes AIAM Cultural Tour (14 days of touring 3 cities in China) and 14 days of Study Tour Add-Ons including Hotel, Breakfasts and Internships. 28 total days.
- Price does not include:
- Extra travel expenses and entrance fees for excursions, estimated less than $25.
- You will be required to purchase a hospital uniform which is usually about $30.
- Lunch and Dinner during the add-on Study Tour are on your own, estimated at $20/day.
- You may want to bring small gifts of appreciation for the doctors you work with, but this is not necessary.
- Continuing Education credits available for LMTs, L.Ac.s, LOMs, PNs, and RNs.
- Current AIAM Acupuncture students earn AIAM Acupuncture Observation or Clinical Internship Hours at current tuition rates as an enrolled student.
|Dates||# Days||Non-AIAM Student|
|NCCAOM PDA||ABMP & AMTA|
|Clock Hours: 80|
Dates to Remember
Today: Apply for a passport or check that your passport is valid through November 2019 with at least 2 empty pages. US passports are currently taking 6-7 weeks for processing.
Talk to your physician about any recommended vaccinations (flu and up-to-date tetanus recommended for
tours). If you don’t have a physician, Dr. Kristin Oaks D.O. in Worthington on Knightsbridge at 614-299-5838 is excellent and affordable.
For US Citizens, AIAM submits all visa applications for approval. Your original passport goes with the visa application to the Chinese Embassy. Visa approvals can take 4-6 weeks.
September 21, 2018: Registrations due. Complete application and submit with $500 per person payment due to AIAM (check or money order only).
October 26, 2018: $1,800 payment and completed China Visa Application and your Passport due to
January 16, 2019: Remaining balance due. Orientation 5:15 p.m. at AIAM. Review details, itinerary, suggestions, and answer questions. Students will understand departmental study options. Organize and get very excited!
March 16, 2019: Fly to Beijing for your trip of a lifetime.