Become part of something bigger at our school
Our Medical Assisting (MA) program is designed to provide graduates with the skills necessary to obtain entry-level employment in a variety of multidisciplinary clinical and/or administrative healthcare settings. The program provides an overview of complementary and holistic methods as well as current healthcare trends.
As a student, you will acquire an essential understanding of holistic approaches, best practice methods, and communication skills to best serve your clients.
Ready to talk to an admissions enrollment coach?
Let’s get started
Is this the right career for you?
Becoming a Medical Assistant, with an education from our school in Columbus Ohio, is a sensible choice for those who want to start a healthcare career without undergoing the rigorous clinical training of a nurse or the years-long process of medical school. MAs enjoy the advantage of having an entry-level position that opens the door to various opportunities and career paths within the ever-evolving medical industry.
By managing administrative tasks and performing essential lab skills in a physician’s office, hospital, or other healthcare facility, Medical Assistants have the distinct role of supporting both doctors and patients, a uniquely rewarding position.
According to a study by Indeed, MAs working in the United States can expect to earn an average of $39,000 per year. Common benefits of the job include tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, and ample opportunity for advancement.
Medical Assisting career.
AIAM Medical Assisting
- 9 months, 3 quarters
- Must have a high school diploma or GED recognized by the Department of Education OR officially evaluated foreign equivalent
- AIAM graduates are also eligible to sit for the NHA Billing and Coding, EKG Technician, and Phlebotomy Technician national certification exams.
Medical Assisting Program Admissions Requirements
- Complete a personal tour and interview with an AIAM admissions enrollment coach
- Submit official transcripts of earned HS diploma or official HS diploma or official GED recognized by the Department of Education (or foreign equivalent) or official transcripts of earned Baccalaureate Degree or higher from an institution recognized by the US Department of Education (or foreign degree equivalent that has been officially evaluated).
- Complete application form with $125 enrollment fee (can be paid at enrollment)
- Meet with Financial Aid office to discuss payment options
- Complete enrollment agreement and accompanying paperwork
- Demonstrate personal laptop computer meets specifications required for online learning or laptop computer will be issued and charged to student account at AIAM.